Check for Errors With Data From these Sites.
Instead of relying on subjective opinions, get objective stats for your site and social media from these website evaluators and graders as a guide for making decisions.
To paraphrase an old saying “if you ask 7 different people what they would do to improve your website you can get 7 different answers. It is important to get the stats from the many data softwares. With websites appearing differently on desktops and various sizes of mobile screens this means they are rearranged and may also appear as apps.
Remember, today the sites need to look good and function well on screens that are 4.5″ by 2.3″ big. Those days of judging a site by seeing it on a television sized monitor are over. The saying now is “Mobile First” since mobile visits and app visits are quickly overtaking desktop visits.
Individual Values and Preferences Combined With Objective Stats for Design and Function
It is important, of course, for the internet presence to reflect one’s individual values and be compatible with preferences and taste.
Overall the goal can be to satisfy both the preferences of the company and the objective functionality needed to be successful online.
Design and function today for websites, graphics, social media, article writing, seo, marketing and so on are objectively evaluated using many types of software.
The software crawls the website or other pages of your online presence and gives objective scores and often provides instructions for how to fix or improve things.
Everything from the content, colors and design, functionality, search engine optimization, social media and more can be evaluated with scores and improved with the tips.
Quality and Value for the Website Visitor Are Priorities
1. Evaluate your online work and website from the standpoint of these questions.
Is it easy to read without straining?
Is it easy to navigate and find things?
Is it clean looking and uncluttered so visitors focus on what is important?
Does it provide quality and value for the visitors?
Is it set up so the call-to-action items are going to convert visitors into subscribers or customers?
Checklist of Software That Evaluates the Website So You Get the Objective Stats as a Guide for Upgrading Your Site
The list below shows popular software for evaluating the many aspects of your online marketing.
1. Hubspot Marketing Grader – Scores and Gives Directions for Improving Site and Marketing – Looks at Blog, Social Media, SEO and more.
2. Wave.webaim.org – Design, Colors, Contrast, Errors, Readability, Functionality. Crawls the site and shows a variety of errors including readability errors due to lack of contrast and more.
3. Tools.pingdom.com – Tests website speed and offers specific stats so you can tell what issues to address to speed up the website.
4. GTMetrix.com – Another excellent website speed test with graders, scores and analytics to tell you how to improve the site.
5. Google Analytics – A necessity for evaluating hundreds or thousands of aspects of your website. You can focus on the graphs that are most important for whichever project on the site you are working with at the time. There is a broad overview with the basic important stats too. Using these stats is a critical part of designing the site to function well.
6. Google Webmaster Tools – Lists errors, queries and your site rank for the keywords, backlinks and hundreds of other scores. Check the queries, which are the keywords people use to find your site and see how your site ranks for the keyword. Many other necessary stats.
7. Facebook Insight Analytics – Lists stats for Overview, Visits, Likes, Posts, People, Organic, Paid and more. Includes Facebook Ads analytics and analytics on each individual piece of content uploaded. Check under Insight and under Notifications on your Facebook dashboard.
8. Twitter Notifications – Includes mentions, favorited tweets. Twitter also includes numbers of followers, following and more.
9. Youtube Analytics – Extensive analytics for each video and for the whole channel are available under Analytics. Includes views for each video, engagement, shares to social media, likes, where viewed, audience stats and more.
10. Wordstream – Grades your Google Adwords account and offers suggestions.
11. Yoast.com – The Yoast seo plugin for wp gives grading, scores and directions for improvement on each piece of content you add to your wp site. It is the pillar of seo for blogs and websites using WordPress. Yoast is the internet’s authority on the art and science of website optimization and internet marketing.
12. Siteliner.com – Evaluates a long list of website characteristics. For example, it not only evaluates the site for duplicate content for also for common content and unique content.
13. Responsinator.com – Grades the site for mobile responsiveness. Google now evaluates your websites ability to respond to mobile devices and display on them as part of the search engine ranking.
14. Another Quality recommendation for websites is to have the SSL Certificate . This means an added layer of security provides encryption and there is additional validation of the website, domain and owner. Having the SSL Certificate for your website has been verified by Google as being part of the ranking score. A site with the https:// and the lock icon will have a slight edge of over one without.
15. While not a specific software the 200 objective items that Google uses to rank your website can be found backlinko.com/google-ranking-factors
16. Another important checklist and web authority on websites, seo and marketing is the Moz Blog. For top, well respected, white hat ethical techniques follow the directions from Moz.
17. Alexa.com – one of the top, well respected internet authorities. Provides a variety of useful stats on your website. You can also enter in your competitiors’ sites and get stats on them too.
Opinions Versus Objective Measurement – Consider Both in Designing a Site
Often we all ask friends or family for opinions and then make changes to please them. These subjective opinions can be useful but objective measurement with software checkers and Google recommended steps are important.
Personal choices are important from the standpoint of making choices that are compatible with our values and preferences. The trick is to find a way to combine those personal preferances with meeting the objective points needed to do well on the internet.
As the list above shows, everything from the colors and contrasts on the homepage to the ads, social media, videos and more are evaluated with scores by online crawlers.
Using the software to do evals of your online presence gives you a chance to see the site as the crawlers see it and make changes that will make the site successful with people and with search engines.