WordPress Themes Install – How to Change the Default Theme
WordPress will be automatically installed with what is called a default theme. You can change this theme easily.
- WordPress Themes Install, Change – Go to Appearance in the list of labels on the left side of the dashboard.
- A menu will pop out and you can click to choose Themes.
- Click on Install Themes near the top of the screen.
- There will be a search box where you can type in keywords that describe the type of theme you are seeking. For instance you could type in “photography” to find a theme specially designed for photographers.
- A list of boxes with choices of features for themes allows you to narrow your search down further since there are so many themes.
- Click to search and begin checking out the themes. You can click Preview under a theme to see what it looks like.
- Click Install under a theme to install one that you choose. You can try it and change it if you decide to try something else.
- Click Activate to make the theme your active theme for the website.
Next to the Install Themes you will see the Manage Themes link. You can choose to re-activate a previous theme. The themes you have used will be listed, including the ones that are no longer active. It just take a click to switch to a previous theme if you decide to change.
Click to go to Website Headers – Start a Website - Complete Plan and Steps – Chapter 6
Click to Visit These Related Posts:
- Wordpress Twenty Twelve Tutorial – Features, Tips
- Wordpress Theme Extensions Plugin Adds More Design Options and Color Choices
- Showcase of Featured Wordpress Sites
- Wordpress Basics – Install Wordpress Theme Tutorial
- WordPress Twenty Twelve Homepage Templates Choices
- WordPress Twenty Twelve Plugins Tutorial and List of Popular Plugins
- Start a Website With Basics – Later Expand and Customize It – List of Tutorials