How to Add a Google Map Showing Your Business Location to WordPress
Help Customers Find Your Business Location With a Map
Steps to Add Google Map to Post or Page
- First open a new post or page so it is ready for you to paste in the embed code for the map
- Minimize the post or page window
- Open another browser window
- Type the address into the google search box
- Click on Maps in the row of menu items that shows above the results list if the map doesn’t pop up
- To the upper left of the map you will see a link icon that looks like a link form a chain.
- Click the link icon
- Click the second link showing which has the embed code.
- Do not click the first link because while that is the address code for the map it will not embed it into your website.
- The code you want starts with <iframe
- If you accidently click the top link with the address link then when you paste it into your site you will only get a row of code.
- Click to switch your text box to “text” instead of visual so it will process the code and paste the embed code into the page or post and click Publish.
- Check the front of your website to see the map.
- Below is an example of a map of San Luis Obispo that was added to this post by using the above steps.
- Add the Google Map to your Contact page and perhaps to your About Page.
- Visitors to the site can print out the Google Map if they wish to take a copy with them.
- People who are using a mobile device can simply check the map with their device.
- Adding a Google Map for a business that has a physical location (instead of a business that is online only) is an important part of marketing.
- Real estate agents can add Google Maps to a housing listing
- Real estate rentals may also be listed with a Google Map
Map Example Below
Click to Visit These Related Posts:
- No Related Posts