After creating an ebook or other document in Microsoft Word 2007 you save it as a pdf to the desktop. Then later you browse for it and click to upload it.
The example in the video screencast below uses Theme Twenty Twelve. The steps are similar in other themes as well.
- Saving an uploading an ebook or digital download is similar to other types of media that you add to your wordpress site.
- After it is saved to your desktop or another easy to find location you can go to Media.
- Click Add New.
- Browse for the file and click to select it.
- Upload it to the Media.
- When you want to add it to a page, post or widget you copy the file’s specific link which will be in the file’s box when you click Show.
- Then go to your post or page and add a picture of the book or some text with the title or description.
- Click on the book cover image or the title to choose it.
- Click on the Link icon in the menu at the top of the post or page.
- Paste in or type in the specific link for the ebook or document.
- If you are adding it to a widget in the sidebar use an Image Widget.
- There will be a place to add an image and to add a link.