Adding Affiliate Banners and Links is one of the easy ways to monetize your wordpress site.
See video tutorial following article.
Since your wordpress site will be hosted at a webhost company this is one of the easy places to sign up to be an affiliate.
Look for the term Affiliates in the menu for information. Check the amounts of commission earned if a visitor clicks your affiliate link and purchases webhosting.
Example: I’m using hostgator and the revenue from click through and sales is $50 to $125 per sale, depending on how many customers make a purchase per month.
Steps and Concepts
Adding an affiliate banner to a WordPress site is done by copying and pasting code into a widget.
Affiliate links can be used when you are writing posts or on the internet at places such as facebook or in forums.
- Example: At hostgator you’ll see the term Affiliates in the top menu. Click on that to see more information. There will be a place to sign up to be an affiliate.
- Fill out the affiliate information. An email will be sent with your username and login password.
- Login to your affiliate account and go to Edit Payment Information to choose whether to have payments mailed to you with a check or whether to have revenue deposted automatically into your paypal account.
- Sign up for a free paypal account if you need to have one. A personal or business account will work.
- In your affiliate account look for a menu item titled Banners and click to get your affiliate banners. These will be coded to your affiliate account. If a visitor to your website clicks on a banner coded to your account and makes a purchase then you will receive commission for this referral.
- Choose a banner and click on it to get the code. Copy the affiliate banner code.
- Go to your wordpress dashboard to the widgets area. Drag a text widget over to the sidebar to activate it and click the down arrow to open it. Paste the code into the widget and click Save.
- The affiliate banner will now show up on the front end of your website.
- In your affiliate account you can check the numbers of visitors who click on the banners, the commissions earned.
- There will also be an affiliate url which you can use when you write about the affiliate in a post on wordpress or anywhere on the internet, for instance on facebook or in a forum.