How to Add Social Media to WordPress – Social Media Icons for WordPress Twenty Twelve Can Be Added to the Homepage Template and to the Default Templates
The Homepage Template and Default Templates are different but the icons will be added by using plugins and widgets.
How to Add Social Media to WordPress. You can use any social media plugins that you choose. Below are the steps with the plugins I am using at the time of this tutorial and they can serve as examples.
Homepage Template Social Media Icons (The Homepage is a static page that looks like a standard website style and does not have sidebars.)
1. Go to Plugins
2. Go to Add New
3. Type “GetSocial” into the search box if you wish to get the vertical floating social media sharing bar.
4. Click Install under GetSocial in the list that pops up.
5. click Activate
7. This social media bar should be working now and it will float on the left side of the homepage and other pages.
8. You can also add social media icons that show up in a horizontal row beneath the content on the homepage by installing the plugin for “Share This.” When it is activated it will automatically show up on the front page.
9. Add the “Follow Us” plugin using the same Install and Activate steps.
10. Go to the Widgets screen.
11. Drag the “Follow Us” widget over to one of the Homepage Widgets that will show up at the bottom of the homepage when visitors are viewing the page
12. Click to open the widget and type in the links to your social media sites. Choose a size for the icons.
13. Click Save.
Default Page Template – (This is the template that has a blog style with sidebars.)
1. Drag the “Follow Us” widget over to one of the Sidebar Widgets. Fill in the links to your social media sites.