WordPress Social Media Plugin – GetSocial Sharebar – Social Media Share Icons Floating in a Vertical Bar on the Left Side of the Site
Browse for GetSocial in the Add Plugins page, Click Install, Click Activate, You Are Done
Install Social Media Icons from the GetSocial Plugin
WordPress Social Media Plugin – GetSocial – This social media share bar of icons will show up as a vertical bar left of the the website. It stays in one place while the reader scrolls down. This way the bar is always there so a visitor can click on it. Some readers do not read the complete article. This means they do not get to the bottom of the article where the social media share icons are often located. But since the GetSocial vertical share bar is always there on the left these readers can still click to share.
- WordPress Social Media Plugin. Vertical Floating Share Buttons in a Bar. The name for the plugin is GetSocial and it is all one word without spaces.
- Go to the Dashboard
- Click Plugins in the list of labels on the left.
- Click Add New.
- Type GetSocial in the search box.
- Browse for GetSocial.
- Click the word Install Under the plugin.
- Go to the Plugins, Installed page.
- Click the word Activate under the GetSocial plugin.
- You now have a verticle social media sharebar that floats in place next to the website or blog. When people scroll the GetSocial bar stays in place. This way in case they do not finish the entire article they can still share it from the beginning or middle of the article.
- Social media is going to continue to gain momentum. More shares for your article will make it come up higher in the search engine rankings. The goal of sharing is to create a viral article that spreads.
- Adding the GetSocial verticle sharing box provides the tool for sharing. But the motivation for sharing happens when there is high quality, original content.
- Success with social media is a two part system. Share icons plus creating the content. Google and the other search engines have become very good at spotting duplicate content, articles that have been through the spinner, and poorly written content.
- The word from Google is that suspicious content will cause a website to be punished in the search rankings.
- It only takes two clicks to install and activate the GetSocial verticle floating share box. But creating useful content that provides a solution takes some time.
- Note: You can also add social media share buttons below each article. An easy way to do this is to install the Jetpack plugin that comes with a long list of useful features. Use the Publicize feature to add share buttons below the articles.