Videos Can Be Combined With Articles on Posts
The steps to embed a youtube video on your post or page in WordPress start with going to the video screen on youtube.
See video tutorial below.
1. Beneath the video click on the button that says Share.
2. Ignore the highlighted code that first appears on the left beneath the video as that is the link, not the embed code. You could copy the link and email it to a friend if you wished.
3. To the right of the highlighted code you’ll see a button that says Embed and click on that.
4. A box will open up beneath the button with highlighted code. Don’t copy the code yet as there is another step.
5. Beneath the code remove the check mark from the words “Show suggested videos when the video finishes.”
When the video plays on your website you don’t want it to finish with a group of choices because visitors may click on them and jump over to youtube. Also you cannot predict the quality of those videos, or whether they are guaranteed to be relevant or appropriate.
6. Right click on the code and copy it now.
7. Go to your post or page text box. In the upper right you’ll two tabs for Visual or HTML. Usually you type your post articles in visual. Click now to change that to HTML.
8. Now paste your embed code into the box. Usually you’ll also type an article. Add the categories and tags.
9. Click Publish and go to the public side of your website to watch your video.