WordPress Remove Sidebars for Standard Website Style: For a standard website look without sidebars you can choose one of these templates when you create a page. The Homepage Template will allow you to use Homepage Widgets at the bottom of the page. The Full Page Template No Sidebars will simply be as it is described.
Choosing to remove the sidebars from the homepage will create a design look like a standard website instead of a blog design look. It will have just one column instead of 2 or even 3 columns.
Steps to Remove Sidebars From the Homepage
1. Static Homepage Without Sidebars. If you are removing the sidebars this probably means you are going to use a Static Homepage. A Static Homepage is one that stays the same. This is different from a Blog style homepage. The Blog style homepage will show different content or articles each time you write a new post.
2. Settings. To create the Static Homepage before choosing the Homepage Template or the Full Page No Sidebars Template first go to Settings.
3. Reading, Static Page. Under Settings go to Reading and under put a dot in the radio button for Static Page. Choose Home for the Page.
4. Pages. Now go to Pages in the Dashboard.
5. Create. Create a Page and add a Featured Image if you wish.
6. Templates. In the right hand column where you see Templates click the down arrow to choose either Homepage Template or Full Page Template No Sidebars.
7. “Home” Title. Title the Page “Home” and click to Save it.
8. “Home” in Menu. If you are using the default horizontal navigation menu you will see the word Home in the upper left and your new page will show on the front of the website.
9. Custom Menu. You can create a Custom Menu for the horizontal navigation bar if you wish. Please see the article and video on that subject.
10. Static Homepage, No Sidebars. Now you have a static homepage, meaning one that stays the same, without sidebars.