How to Use Widgets to Add Social Media, Subscription Forms and Other Info at Bottom of Twenty Twelve Front Page Template
Homepage Bottom Widgets – Add widgets to the bottom of the homepage for WordPress Theme Twenty Twelve by choosing the Front Page Template
The Front Page Template is especially useful as a static page, where the information is not updated the way it is on a blog style page. The other pages of the site can use a Default Template blog style with a sidebar or Full Page Width No Sidebars.
Homepage Bottom Widgets can be added if you are creating a website that will look and feel to the visitors like a traditional website. You can use the templates that are without sidebars. In Theme Twenty Twelve this would be the Front Page Template. In other themes you can check the Templates available by looking on the right side of the text box for them and clicking the down arrow.You can also combine the traditional look with a blog look. This is done by using the Default Template for pages other than the homepage which can use the Front Page Template without the sidebars.
- Go to the Dashboard
- Go to Pages, Add New
- Templates are located on the right hand side of the screen
- Click the down arrow
- Choose Front Page Template
- Other choices are Default, which is a blog style with sidebars, or Full Page Widgth No Sidebars, which does not have bottom widgets
- Create your Front Page and Save it
- Go to Appearance
- Go to Widgets
- Below Main Sidebar Widgets on the right you will see First Front Page Widget Area and Second Front Page Widget Area
- Drag a widget over to one of the Front Page Widget Areas and click to open it. Format, create settings or do any other steps needed for the widget.
- Click Save.
- Useful Front Page bottom area widgets might be social media follow buttons. Since there is no sidebar there is no where else to add them.
- Front Page bottom widgets might also include an email newsletter signup, text with a link to another page on the site, an image with a link added to it for another page on the site, or information about the company or business.
- Front Page Template is especially useful if the homepage is going to be a static website page. Other pages of the site can be the default blog style with a sidebar.