Add Photo Gallery to WordPress to Show Off Your Business or Products
Photos Are Important Marketing Tools
Use a Plugin Such as DD Simple Image Gallery
Add Photo Gallery to WordPress. To add photo gallery to WordPressPhotos are one of the internet’s most popular uses. The success of sites featuring photos shows how magnetic visuals are for people. For marketing your site successfully you can use photo galleries to get attention and please visitors.
Add Photo Gallery to WordPress by following these steps to add the plugin and set it up.
Steps to Add Photo Gallery:
- Go to Plugins
- Click Add New
- Type DD Simple Image Gallery into the search box
- Click Install under it in the list that pops up
- Go to Installed Plugins
- Click Activate
- Go to the new label that was automatically added in the lower left of the dashboard for Galleries.
- Click on Galleries.
- Type in a name for your gallery.
- Type in a description of the gallery.
- Click Save.
- Go to Manage Photos which is a new label that will have been added in the dashboard list on the lower left below Galleries.
- Click the down arrow to choose the name of the gallery you just created.
- Click the browse button to browse on your computer for a photo.
- Type in a title for the photo and a description if you wish.
- Click Save.
- Follow the same steps for more photos.
- Click Default Settings under Manage Photos in the lower left of the dashboard to change settings.
- Copy the embed code from the Manage Photos page near the bottom center.
- Paste the code into a post or page where you wish to have the gallery.
- Important: Hit the enter key to add some space below the slideshow in the post or page. I found that the social media icons below the post floated up to show on top of the photos if I did not use the enter key to add some more space below the embed code.